A domain name is your identity on the internet so its important to register your company's domain name as soon as possible. With so much choice in the domain market it can be very confusing as to what to register. Having the right domain name is very important which is why we work closely with our clients to ensure that the right domain is secured for your web site.
As a general rule .com would be recommended for international markets and .co.uk domain for UK markets. There are other alternative domains that are now available too such as .biz, .info and .net.
Each domain name is registered on a yearly basis except for UK domains (.co.uk, .org.uk) which are registered bi-annually.
Is your chosen domain name available?Why not use our domain name checker tool below. Simply enter your chosen domain name (without the http://www prefix), select the domain name extensions you are interested in and hit enter. Please bear in mind the following:
- Try and chose a domain name that contains your key words and phrases: for example if your website is about football, its great to have the word football somewhere in your domain name. Its not essential but it helps with search engine placement.
- Try and chose a domain name that is easy to spell, is memorable and doesn't contain hyphens.
- Country specific domains (such as .co.uk) are best if your business is solely aimed at that particular country whereas .com is better for international based businesses.
How much do domain names cost to register?
- .co.uk domain names are really cheap, only costing about £5 per year to register
- .com domains are a little more expensive, around £12 per year
Why not let us register and manage your website domains for you. We register them on your behalf and when they are due for renewal, we will check that you still require each domain name and renew them for you.
Why not get in touch today and see how we can help you.
Call us: 01273 271228 / 07984 861239Request FREE quote